Join us each week as we provide you with a quote (by a woman); and you let that quote inspire your written word! Allow it to lead your writing in whatever way works for you. And we mean that! Literally, wherever it leads you to write is wonderful, and perfect, and worthy of sharing! Share, share, share! Let yourself be inspired each week at That’s What She Said! Write on!!
- #1 rule: Have fun and be creative
- Go find out what she said. Check out the other blogs linked up and show them some love.
- Don’t hold back! We want to read what you are writing.
- Okay, we do ask you to hold back ONLY if you are NOT following the rules. This link-up is for those who are inspired by the quote of the week. Get inspired!
- Not a rule but a suggestion… please share That’s What She Said on your social media. Example: Join @Mrs_AOK & @Courtneynoel Tuesday’s for #TWSS a weekly link-up inspired by women’s words.
Say what you mean to say.
That is what comes to mind when I read Madonna’s words. And you know what comes to mind next?? This song by John Mayer….
I know, I know, he is not a woman and this link up is all about our sheroes, but I just couldn’t help it!! I think I may still have songs on the brain after last weeks Fight Song post, but as I began writing this post, I couldn’t help but hum along to John Mayer singing in my head.
So today I’m going to continue to jam to this John Mayer song (and maybe a couple others too) and I am going to remind myself just how important it is to say what you need to say.
And really who doesn’t need a reminder to get thing off your chest, no matter how big or how small or seemingly indifferent. It is important to get things, whatever they are, out there. Otherwise it builds up inside of you and then one day you will explode like a volcano; maybe not literally but definitely figuratively. Easier said than done, I know.
It can be hard, and scary to say what you need to. You may fear hurting others or perhaps risk alienating yourself by saying what you need to say. But the truth of the matter is this… those who matter most, already know what is in your heart.
So what is in your heart?
Share some creativity with us next week!