I am all about the salted caramel. Salted caramel coffee, salted caramel ice cream, salted caramel toffee. You name it, I love it. If you are anything like me, then you are in luck. Today, I am going to share with you my salted caramel brownies recipe. This is seriously one of the easiest recipes because you will not be making the brownies from scratch. Yep, that’s right, you get to use the boxed brownie batter. Easy, huh? However, I promise these tasty brownies will taste every bit homemade.
Ready for the salted caramel brownies recipe?
- 2 packages of brownie mix
- Ingredients called for to make the brownie mix (typically eggs, water, and vegetable oil)
- 8 oz. caramel chews
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- Kosher salt to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven according to the baking directions on the brownie box.
- Spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Keep in mind you will be baking TWO batches of brownies in ONE pan when selecting a pan. (FYI: I always use Ghirardelli brownie mix, which has cooking directions for two pouches. They recommend using a 9″x13″ pan and baking at 325* for 55 minutes.)
- Mix together the brownie mix according to the packages directions.
- Unwrap caramel candy chews and place them in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add milk to caramel candy.
- Microwave caramel and milk mixture on high for approximately 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the caramel is smooth and melted.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the pan. Saving the remaining half for later.
- Pour the melted caramel on top of the brownie batter.
- Sprinkle kosher salt to your liking on top of the caramel mixture.
- Add remaining brownie mix to the top of the salted caramel.
- Bake according to brownie box directions.
Enjoy these delicious brownies with a glass of cold milk and you will be one happy person!